Orbitas has established an Australia-wide dedicated agency and service network
providing solutions for recycling Used Lead Acid Batteries (ULAB) and Used Non Lead
Acid Batteries (UNLAB) in such a way that it ensures long-term environmental stability.
Orbitas is committed to implementing and maintaining best environmental practice,
and continuously improving our environmental performance through review,
assessment and reporting.
To achieve this commitment, Orbitas will:
- Observe and comply with all applicable environmental legislation, regulations and
standards to which Orbitas subscribes, and where possible, establish and adhere
our own requirements which exceed any relevant minimum requirements.
- Include environmental considerations into all our business decision-making,
planning and implementation.
- Set appropriate and measurable environmental objectives and targets, and
develop and implement an Environmental Management System in accordance
with the international standard ISO 14001:2004 to monitor and improve our
- Regularly monitor and review environmental performance against set objectives
and targets to ensure continuous improvement.
- Apply technologies and procedures that avoid or minimise waste generation, air,
water and other pollution and environmental risks.
- Ensure the responsible use of natural resources throughout our business by
promoting efficient use, reuse and recycling of resources.
- Minimise impacts associated with our activities upon natural ecosystems.
- Enhance environmental awareness among employees, agents and
contractors by providing necessary training, support and resources, and lead
them to fulfill Orbitas environmental responsibilities.
- Communicate this policy to all employees, contractors and all other stakeholders
as well as making it available to the general public.